Friday, November 16, 2012

Hospitalized

October 10th-15th

I woke up on the morning of the 10th with a fever and the feeling that I had dengue again. Everyone decided it was probably best to go to the hospital and get tested because my fever was starting to reach extremely high levels (103 degrees F).

I stayed at Hermano Pedro, a private hospital, for the next four days. Basically I spent most of the time wondering what I had because each doctor that came to see me said I had something else....dengue, not dengue, intestinal infection, Salmonella, etc. I wasn't getting any better, my kidneys were in extreme pain, and my fever was not going down, so my parents decided I should come home and get proper treatment. I was really upset that I had to leave Guatemala early, but it was nice to get proper treatment in the US.

My plane ride on the 15th was a really sad moment. There are so many things that I'm going to miss about Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment