Friday, November 16, 2012

Moto Friend


Thursday, October 4th

There were so many nests on crawl count this morning! It took me forever to erase all of the tracks and nests. After crawl counts, I got another ride from the woman who lives across the street from the park. This time, she honked and slowed down as soon as she saw me. It’s nice that she recognizes me now.

Later in the morning, we dug a trench around the small hatchery because we found a lot of roots in one corner. By digging a small trench, it prevents the roots from continuing to grow into the hatchery. It was hard work because the sand was dry and it kept falling back into the holes we were digging. Tomorrow we will have to dig inside the hatchery to get rid of all of the roots on the inside.

After digging, I tried to take a short nap, but was woken up and told that Sabine had arrived. She told me earlier that she was coming back for a couple of weeks. I was so happy to see her! Not only is she a friend, but she is a GREAT volunteer…super motivated and willing to work. We had a great time catching up. She had just gotten done with traveling for three weeks, so it was fun to hear about everywhere that she went.

Tonight was a slow night for turtles. Literally nothing came up. I’m not surprised though because so many came up last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment