Friday, November 16, 2012

More Shrimp Boat Destruction


Tuesday, October 9th 

Today, I woke up with a really bad headache. The weather changing so quickly is I think what brought it on. I tried to sleep some more in hopes that it would go away, but no such luck. I was woken up to Sabine informing me of a dead turtle. We all walked over there and took measurements, a skin sample, and buried it. It looks like it died by drowning because the skin was very puffy and filled with water. After it died, it looks like some locals cut her open and took out her eggs because there was a cut by her ovaries and broken eggs surrounding the body. Sabine also said she saw a dead dolphin or porpoise baby. We tried looking for it but couldn’t find it.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing because my head hurt so much. I attempted to make ice cream, but the eggs weren’t fresh, so the yolk was really runny and kept getting mixed with the egg whites. I got so frustrated!! People told me to got rest, so I took a nap and didn't wake up until the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment