Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chocobananas


Sunday, September 16th

Crawl counts went super quick this morning because no turtles came out due to all the beach activity last night. Later on my walk, I ended up buying a nest from Bedal, the parlamero I always run into. After breakfast we made our way to Monterrico to get away from all of the tourists. We stopped first at a pupaseria and had pupusas con queso. They were SO good! I love pupusas. Then, I made my way over to my favorite bakery for some cheesecake and cookies. Today was definitely a day of indulgence after such a horrible night. I did some grocery shopping, and then we all took the bus to Hawaii to catch the last part of the football playa tournament. It is interesting because the field is super short and you only play with four people per team on the field at a time. While I was there, I got another lime granizada. This time I made it clear that I didn’t want chicken flavoring on it!

When we got back to the parque, I made chocobananas and chocostrawberries. I used melting chocolate, and then dipped the fruit in it. I also ate a tamale for lunch that I bought from a local family. It was a great lunch. Later, Riikka and I did about 4 nest excavations and we found 2 live hatchlings, which we released. We also had an early nest of 54 hatchlings come up right at sunset. It was beautiful to see them crawl to the ocean with a gorgeous sunset in the background. It was one of those moments when you stop and can’t believe how beautiful life can be.  

 Melting the chocolate

 

The finished product!

 

 My tamale

No comments:

Post a Comment