Sunday, September 30, 2012

Moto Accident


Thursday, September 20th

Crawl counts were pretty uneventful, except for when I walked back after counting tracks. I decided to walk back along the road instead of the beach. Right when we arrived at the dirt road that leads to the parque, Paco ran across the road and a moto that was coming slowed down. Then, it started to turn down the dirt road too. It must have hit a bad patch of sand or a rock because it tipped over. The woman was fine and the baby had a couple scratches, but I think the man broke his leg because he took most of the impact from the fall. Luckily, other people saw and were able to help him.

Later, we dug up the small hatchery today. I wanted to turn the soil over one more time just to make sure it was ready for eggs. The big hatchery is almost full, so we will have to use the small hatchery soon. When we took a break from digging, I made some cookie ice cream. I bought cookies at the bakery, but they got smashed, so Riikka had the brilliant idea of putting them in ice cream. After I made it, we continued digging and were able to finish it all in one day! During patrols, it was another night with very little turtles. I think they are waiting for a big storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment