Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jordan is Here!


Saturday, September 22nd

Jordan got into Antigua today! It was so nice to see him after three months! He also brought me a bag of supplies (vitamins, bug spray, etc.), which I really needed. In addition, I got an early birthday present of a new camera from my parents! I’m going to be able to take such better pictures now! I picked up some pastries from La Reposteria last night, so we had yummy sugar treats for brunch.

After brunch, we walked around Antigua. I already started taking tons of pictures while we were walking around! Unfortunately, right as we got to the market, it started pouring. We decided to duck into the bar Monoloco and have some Gallos (beer). 

The rainy market


  Posing with our beers


Once it stopped raining, we headed to the market and I bought some more souvenirs for people. We also bought some fruits and veggies for our upcoming trip to Hawaii.  Of course, we had to get some street food as well. We bought chuchitos and they were delicious!

We headed back to the hotel after the market for a nap because both of us needed to catch up on some sleep. When we woke up, we got ready for dinner at Hector’s. It was a small restaurant with only 7 tables. We split an appetizer of beef carpaccio with lime, capers, and onions. It was sooooo good! I wasn’t expecting it to be so good. For my main meal, I had an open faced beef sandwich and Jordan had beef bourguignon. It is pretty close to one of the best meals I have had here. After dinner, we went back to the hotel and went to sleep because our volcano hike is super early the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment