Friday, September 7, 2012

Flu?


Thursday, September 6th

I woke up at 5:00am to a volunteer alerting me of more hatchlings. There were 3 nests that hatched plus random hatchlings all over the hatchery. I’m not quite sure what happened. It rained a ton again last night, so some of the cages might have gotten pulled up a little from the soil. It also could be that one of the nest holes is not exactly inline with our stake, so the cage would then not actually cover the hole. I will have to wait until nest excavations to see where these 19 wandering hatchlings came from. To make sure it doesn’t happen again, we went to all of the nests and really pushed the cages in. Afterwards, I went back to bed only to wake up an hour later with a splitting headache, body pains, and a sore throat. One of the volunteers had similar symptoms a couple of days earlier and has been pretty sick. I’m hoping I’m not coming down with the flu! I spent the rest of the morning sleeping in hopes of it going away, but it didn’t.

The rest of the day I drank tea, sanded some wood for more shelves, and introduced a new volunteer to the parque. Her name is Judit and she is staying for 6 months! It will be great to have a volunteer that is sticking around and will know what to do in a couple of weeks. She is from Spain, so I will be able to practice my Spanish with her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment