Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back to Hawaii


Thursday, August 9th

I woke up bright and early this morning in order to catch the tourist shuttle back to Hawaii. I had a Nutella crepe for breakfast at the hotel and it tasted amazing! As I arrived back in Hawaii, we all left to go to Pierre’s pool. Pierre is a local man who moved to Guatemala in 1999 from Spain and lives by himself on the beach. He is eco-minded and likes what we are doing in the parque, so he said we can come by and use his pool whenever we want. It was nice to be in a pool where there are no huge waves pushing us over and sand getting in our swimsuits. I talked to him for a little while….he is an interesting man and a hydrologist by profession. 

When I got back from the pool, I set about compiling all of the information on tourist activities that Glenda had gathered over the past couple days because I think it is really important for ARCAS to be more involved with the community. I made a little activity sheet to send to Colum, so that it can be printed, laminated, and hung up for volunteers to look at. After I finished the tourist activities sheet, I started an outline of the new volunteer handbook. This parque is in desperate need of a book that states all of the rules and expectations as well as a book that volunteers can use as a reference for when Glenda and I are not around. I have a good start on the outline, but it is going to take forever to write. 

 A group shot at Pierre's pool


No comments:

Post a Comment