Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What a Morning!


Sunday, August 5th

So I had quite the morning on crawl counts today. There are usually a pack of 3-5 dogs around 2.5 kilometers if you walk toward the town of Hawaii. They don’t attack anyone, but they do bark at you a lot. I usually like to give them a wide berth just in case. Today, the tide was pretty high, so in order to give them some space I had to go in the water a bit. Because it was dark, I didn’t see a huge wave come and it knocked me down...I spent the rest of the walk soaking wet. The next thing that happened on my walk was that I came across a man “pleasuring himself” in the middle of the beach. It was beyond awkward! On the weekends, many Guatemalan tourists come from the City and basically just get drunk. I’m assuming this man was one of those tourists. As I walked farther along, I saw another tourist walking towards the ocean just throwing up on himself as he was walking. It was so disgusting! When I got back from the walk, Mariachi was giving a tour to two tourists. I went into my hut to change and when I looked out the window, one of the girls was throwing up behind our hut. I can’t believe I saw 2 people throwing up in the span of 30 mins! It was definitely one of the more interesting mornings I’ve had. 

The rest of the day I stayed at the parque and entered data while everyone else had a free day in Monterrico. Someone needs to stay at the parque, especially on weekends because tourists come and need to be shown around. I ended up getting a lot of data entered, so it was a pretty productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment