Friday, August 17, 2012

Donation!

Thursday, August 16th

The newly painted rocks at the entrance


This morning we painted. We repainted the turtle hospital and the holding pool as well as rocks that line the entry of the parque. It is amazing how much stuff here needs to be repainted. The sea air is so harsh on everything here. Basically most things need to be repainted at least once a year, which is crazy!

During our free time, a couple from San Diego (actually Chula Vista) came to the parque for a tour. It was nice to have English speaking visitors for once. They were super nice and took a lot of interest in everything I had to say about the turtles and mangroves. They enjoyed my tour and the cause so much that they donated 200Q! It is one of the biggest donations we have got for a tour yet! I was proud of myself for the tour and them for representing San Diego/USA well. It was nice to see Americans abroad breaking the stereotype that so many countries and people have. I didn’t mind at all that it cut into my free time!

Afterwards, everyone continued painting the turtle hospital, while I organized the office a bit. We have a lot of volunteers, so everything keeps getting done way faster than I think it will! It is great that everything is getting done, but now I have to come up with more and more things to keep people busy. I guess it could be worse!

The pool looks so pretty now!

No comments:

Post a Comment