Sunday, August 26, 2012

Slow Day


Friday, August 24th

Today was another slow day. I spent a lot of the day cleaning and sanitizing the tools we use to do necropsies as well as the nest excavations. I also showed Glenda how to do nest excavations so that she can do them when I’m gone. Other than that I applied to a job…fingers crossed!

 

While cleaning, I found this pretty caterpillar! 


Later in the afternoon, three Canadians from a volunteer company came to tour the parque. They are looking into adding this project to their list of options for volunteering in Guatemala, so it was important to give them a good tour. I think they came away with a good impression of the parque, so hopefully they start sending volunteers soon! We are pretty low on volunteers right now...we only have two, which means that we have a lot of work to divide between us.

For dinner, we had a big pot of leftover soup and homemade garlic bread. For dessert, we had cinnamon and honey covered pineapple for dessert! It was delicious! I had the night off from patrols tonight, which was really nice. I got 7 hours of sleep for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment