Friday, August 17, 2012

Miriam Visits Again

Sunday, August 12th

Miriam came again today, so of course the cleaning frenzy ensued as usual. I helped Mariachi rake and clean all the animal cages. I actually really like cleaning the cages and helping the animals, so I didn’t mind at all. I was happy that Miriam came because I was able to talk to her about getting a new scale for measuring hatchlings. The one we have is broken and with hatchlings coming in a few days, we are in desperate need of one. I’m hoping she is able to get us one soon!

After talking with Miriam, I laid out in the sun for the first time here. I have awful tan lines because I’m always wearing tank tops and shorts, so I thought it would be good to even out my skin a little. I lay with a couple volunteers on the top of our watch tower. The tower is so high that there is a nice breeze and you actually don’t get too hot. It was nice to relax for one!

After lunch, I headed to Alice’s for my make-up Spanish lesson. We went over some more verbs and practiced more conversational Spanish. She also made empanadas to sell, so I bought one for myself and 3 for some volunteers. I also bought two bags of cookies. She also offered to make pizza for a bunch of us volunteers if we were interested…which I definitely am! She is starting a little cooking empire!

No comments:

Post a Comment